AirTime caught up with AirSpeed Telecom Business Solutions Manager David O'Connor to find out more about his role and how he helps match customers with the connectivity solutions that benefit their businesses.
1. You've recently started working with AirSpeed. What was your background before joining AirSpeed?
I’ve been working in telecoms for over 15 years, most recently in eir as an Account Director.
2. Out in the market, what do you think is the main selling point for AirSpeed?
AirSpeed specialises in diverse connectivity solutions: we have our own licensed microwave network, access into our sister company enet's network and provide tail ends from eir. This means we are uniquely positioned within Ireland to provide high-bandwidth, diverse connectivity services. We can add voice services onto this resilient connectivity and a suite of firewall and security services. We also offer a range of managed wavelength and dark fibre services.
3. What approach do you take when speaking with potential clients?
Listening: a consultative approach is what helps me provide a solution that meets my client's requirements, whether that be to add resiliency into their network, higher service levels, increase bandwidth, reduce costs or combination of all.
4. You meet customers and potential customers daily, what are they telling you are their main telecoms challenges?
Customers want a robust, resilient network that is designed, built and supported in a manner that does not affect their business when single outages or events occur. They want their service provider to be an expert in what they are designing and supporting. This is where AirSpeed Telecom excels.
5. You travel a lot day-to-day with your job, what mobile apps both business and personal, do you use when you’re on the road?
I only need to use Office365 and Salesforce; and I would be lost without my Google Maps.
If you have any connectivity requirements, David would welcome the opportunity to discuss. Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +353 87 701 3282.